Research Interests, Tectonic and Otherwise
Occupations of Glenn Biasi, University of Nevada Reno Seismological Laboratory
Southwest Nevada Volcanic Field As An Upper Mantle Strain Marker
- Tomographic imaging indicates that little relative motion of the crust
relative to the upper mantle has occurred in the last 15 Ma or more.
- Asthenospheric flow has been negligible to at least 250 km.
- For Details...
Applications of Bayesian Thinking to Radiocarbon Chronologies
- Stratigraphic information can sometimes be used to improve
C14 dating precision.
- Depositional ordering among samples.
- Likely time separations among samples, as from a growth or accretion rate.
- Historical constraints.
- Applications to date have improved paleoseismic event resolution on the
southern San Andreas Fault.
- Work in Progress...
Site Effects and Kappa
- Site effects in the Yucca Mountain area of southern Nevada figure greatly in the
seismic design of a potential repository.
- Current research involves interpreting the spectral rolloff of the
abundant volume of well recorded small earthquakes of the area.
- (Presently anecdotal) evidence suggests that much of kappa is actually
- Present and prospective research
Western Great Basin Seismic Network
Seismo Home page
Your thoughts? M ail me: glenn at_sign seismo.unr.edu