- Papers contributing to or using the WBRCVM:
- Pancha, A., S. Pullammanappallil, J. N. Louie, and P. H. Cashman, J. H. Trexler, 2017b in press, Determination of 3D basin shear-wave velocity structure using ambient noise in an urban environment: A case study from Reno, Nevada: Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 107, 19 pp. (7.3 Mb PDF preprint)
- Pancha, A., S. K. Pullammanappallil, L. T. West, J. N. Louie, and W. K. Hellmer, 2017, Large scale earthquake hazard class mapping by parcel in Las Vegas Valley, Nevada: Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 107, no. 2 (April), 741-749, doi: 10.1785/0120160300. (668 kb PDF journal reprint)
- Louie, J., G. Schmauder, G. Kent, K. Smith, K. McBean, A. McBean, K. Gray, and K. Hall, 2016, Chapter 45: Simulation of scenario-earthquake shaking in the Lake Tahoe basin - a comparison between ShakeMap and Nevada ShakeZoning: in R. Anderson and H. Ferriz, Eds., Applied Geology in California, Assoc. of Engineering and Environmental Geologists Special Publication 26, Star Publishing Company, Belmont, Calif., 897-925, ISBN 978-0-89863-399-3.
(5.8 Mb PDF preprint or
20 Mb PDF preprint with highres figs)
- Eisses, Amy K., Annie Kell, Graham M. Kent, Neal W. Driscoll, Rob L. Baskin, Ken D. Smith, Robert E. Karlin, John N. Louie, and Satish K. Pullammanappallil, 2015, New constraints on fault architecture, slip rates, and strain partitioning beneath Pyramid Lake, Nevada: Geosphere, 11, no. 3, doi:10.1130/GES00821.1.
- Flinchum, Brady A., John N. Louie, Kenneth D. Smith, William H. Savran, Satish K. Pullammanappallil, and Aasha Pancha, 2014, Validating Nevada ShakeZoning predictions of Las Vegas basin response against 1992 Little Skull Mtn. earthquake records: Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 104, no. 1 (Feb.), 439-450; first published online January 21; doi: 10.1785/0120130059.
(12.4 Mb PDF preprint with color figures)
- Stephenson, W. J., R. N. Frary, J. N. Louie, and J. K. Odum, 2013, Quaternary extensional growth folding beneath Reno, Nevada, imaged by urban seismic profiling: Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 103, no. 5 (October), doi: 10.1785/0120120311, 2921-2927.
(8.9 Mb PDF journal proof)
- Final report to the USGS on the project ``Gathering Critical Data Toward the Western Basin and Range CVM'' (4.2 Mb PDF)
- Talk on Reno reflection surveys at 2010 SSA Annual Meeting (or 18 Mb PPTX)
- Final report to the USGS on the project ``Basin Model Improvements and Verification for Reno Area 3-D Scenario Modeling'' (7.0 Mb PDF)
- Poster at 2009 SCEC Annual Meeting (1.8 Mb JPEG
or 20 Mb PDF)
- Univ. of Nevada and U.S. Geological Survey Probing Earthquake Faults below Reno and Sparks, June 2009
- Final report to the USGS on the Workshops (2.0 Mb PDF)
- WBRCVM NEHRP FY2010 RFP recommended priorities
- November 2008 Followup Workshop Schedule
- January 2008 Workshop Schedule (with presentations linked)
- Other Resources