The 1995 Hyogoken-Nanbu Earthquake
- Photographs of damage in the city of Kobe.
- WARNING! clicking above will load 4 megabytes of images into your
- Geol 100 Lecture on Earthquake Effects in Kobe
by John Louie.
A geotechnical and geological report by engineer Paul Sommerville
A geotechnical and damage report by a USC and Japanese engineers.
- Scientific images from the earthquake.
- Summary of a report funded by the National Science Foundation on damage to Kobe.
- An article from Time magazine about the
- An article from Time magazine on lessons
WWW site with links to original images and accounts.