Download data from the BISON to the laptop REFTEK
1. Connect the power supply to the BISON.
2. Start up the BISON.
3. Remember to select the MS DOS setup during the bootup.
4. You will be prompted to type any key.
5. Once the BISON has booted type:
This goes to the data directory.
6. Now connect the parallel (aqua) and serial (red) cables to the computers.
7. Now start up the laptop.
8. On the BISON type:
This stands for “slave” and starts the communications software.
9. Now on the laptop start Fastlink 3.2 which is located on the desktop as a shortcut link.
10. A window appears which will fill the screen. On the left of the screen is the laptop directory structure while on the right is a window containing the BISON C:/X9BISON1 directory.
11. In the left hand side of the window, open the laptop C:/BISON directory.
12. In the right hand side of the window, select the files on the BISON you wish to copy across to the laptop.
13. Now at the top of the left hand side of the window, click on the “copy”. A new window will appear. Click on the “transfer all” button.
14. The files are now slowly copying from the BISON to the laptop.
15. The transfer will be slow. Keep checking that the voltage warning light on the BISON does not appear. If it does, stop the file transfer, and close the computers down. Disconnect the power and re-connect a new, fully charged battery. Restart the procedure from the beginning. The serial and parallel cables do not have to be disconnected.
16. Once data transfer is complete, on the laptop click the “OK” button and exit out of the Fastlink application.
17. On the BISON type “ctrl-c” to exit the slave program. Now you can hit the off button to turn off the BISON. Disconnect the serial and parallel cables and the power.
18. Unless you want to ftp the data to another computer, shut down the REFTEK laptop as well.