This handbook identifies the earthquake threat to Nevada and reviews earthquake safety, how to be prepared for earthquakes, and mitigation of possible hazards from shaking and fault offset. The menu on the left will navigate through the different aspects.
Sponsers for this publication include:
- Nevada Earthquake Safety Council
- Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology
- Nevada Seismological Laboratory
- Nevada Division of Emergency Management
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- United States Geological Survey
- Southern California Earthquake Center
- Project Impact - Sparks
The effects, descriptions, recommendations, suggestions, and illustrations included in this document are intended to improve earthquake preparedness; however, they do not guarantee the safety of an individual, structure, or facility. Practice and standards may change as new information is learned. The State of Nevada and the writers of, contributors to, and sponsors of this handbook do not assume liability for any injury, death, property damange, loss of revenue, or any other reason that occurs in connection with an earthquake or otherwise.